Thursday, November 4, 2010

29 June 1998

I need to write quickly about all that has been happening this week.  Well actually, this whole month has been rather difficult.  Trying, discouraging, everything.

This last week was the worst.  Four of our investigators dropped us.  Yes, and some very prime investigators.

We stopped by Loria's on Wednesday and she wouldn't even let us into her house.  She wouldn't even let us see her children.  She talked to her pastor and he advised her to not see us anymore.  To not let us influence her.  When she told us it broke my heart and I wanted to cry but I didn't because it wouldn't have been appropriate in that moment.  It was hard for her because we are all really good friends and she told us that we were there when nobody else was.  She has been going through difficult times with her husband.  I don't know what we can do for her now except pray, of course.

On top of that Jeff, Jessi, and Melanie are out of the picture.  Jeff -13, Jessi -11, and Melanie -8.  Their mom said we can't come over anymore.  We don't understand why, we are just getting excuses.  That is sad because they all know that everything we have been teaching is true.  We just pray that they will always remember it.

I guess it is like the parable of the wheat and tares.  "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).  Those words of Jesus Christ have been flowing through my mind.

Well to top off my week here is the latest on Argie.  At church on Sunday President Griffiths of the branch presidency talked to Argie and basically this is what he told us.  "Either Argie will be baptised or you'll never see him again."  That broke my heart.  I do not think I could bare to see him drop us.  I couldn't take it.  I cried there.  I was so overwhelmed with everything that has been happening.  With no baptisms, getting so close and then nothing.  It has been hard.  I guess it all built up.

Yesterday we fasted for our area and for our investigators.  I pray the Lord recognized our fast.  I just feel as if I'm about to give up.  I don't feel like I can go on another step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me at kjsbucketlist@gmail.com