Tuesday, October 26, 2010

11 August 1997

I just got out of class and I have to write in my journal now while I am still feeling the way I feel.  I feel the Spirit so strong that I am trembling.  We went to a LGM (large group meeting) and we talked about the Holy Ghost and the ways he gives his witness to us.  The conversion process goes like this:  Feeling the SPIRIT + Acting on the SPIRIT = Conversion.  And one of the key things to getting that is bearing testimony and letting the Spirit teach.  I just cannot describe how important this is.  I have felt the Holy Ghost teach me through the Elders in my district and through my teacher, Brother M.  They are all so awesome!  I want to be able to teach like them.  Over these past few days I have grown to love each of them.  In a way I feel like their mother, or big sister.  I feel like I should look out for them.  But they are all on fire!  And so am I!  I love it here!  I love this work!  And I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord!  Oh, I wish I could describe the way I am feeling -exactly- but I can't.  How do you describe something so powerful.  You can say that you feel warm, or that you have chills, or something like that but how can you really write your true feelings.  I guess that the way I feel and the way each of us feel is special and individual to each of us, and it is important to recognize the Spirit in our lives.  We have to in order to feel close to the Lord.  And here at the MTC I do feel this way.  It is so wonderful!  It is so wonderful, it is so wonderful!  Oh, I am so thankful for this gospel, I am so thankful for the Atonement.  I love this Church and I love being a missionary!

At the LGM tonight we were asked to think of a time that we felt the Spirit really strong and then we were supposed to write the way we felt.  This is what I wrote:

Just last week we were in class having a scripture read.  I can't remember exactly what were talking about but all of a sudden I felt an intense warmth fill my entire body.  It almost felt like I was on fire! ~

Today was mom's birthday -and I forgot to tell her.  I will send her a card or something.

THIS CHURCH IS TRUE!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. It has been the topic of conversation between Hoss and I. I can't remember when I felt the Spirit for the first time, but I do know that I had no idea what it was (while being fairly young). Hoss has shared similar thoughts. We have decided that during Family Home Evening, Scripture study, and other opportunities that we have to teach our kids, that when either one of us feels the Spirit, we point that feeling out to the girls. I feel that they need to be able to recognize that feeling much earlier than when I did. Thanks for sharing Kendra. The fire still burns in this entry... I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Identifying the Spirit is key...just remembering to do it at the right moment takes practice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact me at kjsbucketlist@gmail.com