Sunday, October 31, 2010

20 August, 1997

Today was a pretty good day at the MTC (Missionary Training Center).  During my afternoon class with Sister S (our teacher), we learned how to relate experiences better.  And I really need to work at that -a lot!!!  Here it is:  Read the scripture and then give the principle and then think of an experience; share the experience and then tie it into the principle.
                                                                                 
                  1.  Identify a principle.                                         Experiences should be:
                  2.  Relate an experience.                                          -Uplifting
                  3.  Tie it back into the principle.                               -Short/to the point
                                                                                                     -Personal


Tonight in the telecenter I had a man, 28 years I think, who had just broken his neck and was in the hospital.  I asked him why he called, and he started to cry and said something like, "I was a drug addict and I have broken my neck."  And he wanted to change.  That is why he called.  He also said that he has been on drugs since he was thirteen and he has also been an alcoholic.  Oh I hope the missionaries will find him.  he won't be able to get out of the hospital for about two months.  I wish I could remember what his name was so that I could put his name in the temple.  Oh Father, I hope you will hear my prayers and send missionaries to find this man.  I know he needs to hear this message!  Be with him Father, and comfort him.  I remember a scripture that goes something like this:  "I will not leave you comfortless."  Be with him-please be with him.


1 comment:

  1. And that is how prayers are answered through others. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact me at kjsbucketlist@gmail.com